Beating the dock

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 19 21:37:19 EST 2012

On 1/19/12 7:45 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> Ugh. I will just learn to unlearn old habits instead of installing
> new software. I was just hoping it was a feature I could disable. I
> never use Cmd-Tab.

Like you, I was hard-coded to Cmd-tab. I know LiveCode has its own
shortcuts for changing tools but they're on the wrong side of the
keyboard for me and I never could get used to them. They're difficult to
type, my right hand is usually on the mouse.

So I wrote a frontscript that traps Control-tab and changes tools. It's
inserted as part of my developer library that launches via a plugin
every time the IDE starts up. That was easier for me, I only had to
re-learn where my left thumb should go. Been using it since MetaCard.

You can't change the Cmd-tab shortcut, the OS intercepts it before
LiveCode even knows it happened. But you can control-tab instead.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com