Session strategies for liveCode server

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Thu Jan 19 10:02:53 EST 2012

Anyone, pretty please? Andre, Stephen?

I just do not get it.

I have a login form now and that one calls a liveCode script to validate the user and start a session:

<?lc
local thePostData,tBenuzer,tPasswort,tDisplayForm
put $_POST_RAW into thePostData
replace "&" with cr in thePostData
put URLDecode(thePostData) into thePostData
set the itemDel to "="
put item 2 of line 1 of thepostData into tbenutzer
put item 2 of line 2 of thepostData into tPasswort
if tBenutzer is empty then
	put true into tDisplayForm
end if
if tPasswort is empty then
	put true into tDisplayForm
end if
if tDisplayForm then
	include "login.html"
else
	include "settings.dat"
	include "myhandlers.lc"
	if validateUser(tBenutzer,tPasswort) is true then
		set the sessionID to "mysession"
		set the sessionlifetime to 1000
		start session
		put item 2 of line 1 of thepostData into $_SESSION["myuser"]
-- works up to here... Validation of the user is correct...

		put "<a href='start.lc'>start</a>"
	else
		include "login.html"
	end if
end if
?>

As soon as I click the start link the session appears to have died. $_SESSION is empty. It does not have keys either...

<?lc
if $_SESSION["myuser"] is empty then
 -- always end up here
	include "login.html"
else
put new header "Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8"
include "doctype.lc"
continued

I ALWAYS land on the login page though :-( and $_SESSION is ALWAYS empty and does not have any keys at all. What on earth am I doing wrong?
Heeeeeeeeeelp...