Another oddity

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jan 17 15:16:56 EST 2012

> I just discovered an oddity with checkboxes. In the browse tool, if you right click a checkbox it does not change it's hilite, but if you right click it does! This has screwed me up with contextual menus because I modify them to add validations to objects among other things, and I was a bit shocked to find the value changing.
>
> Again no big deal, but I cannot imagine this is designed to work this way. If others are seeing the same behavior I will post a bug report.
>
> Bob

Okay after experimenting with this a bit here is what I came up with:

using the browse tool:
left clicking toggles the hilite
right clicking does NOT toggle the hilite (as you would expect)

using the pointer tool:
left clicking does NOT toggle the hilite (as you would expect)
right clicking toggles the hilite on mouseDown but once you select something from the menu or else click away, it sets the hilite off. In either case, with the pointer tool, right clicking leaves the checkbox with the hilite off. This is NOT what I would expect.

This can be a real beatch when developing.

Bob