mySQL integer types

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jan 16 14:30:54 EST 2012

Upon further investigation, I see that the number supplied as an "argument" to the data type is the actual number of digits or significant bits. I guess for my purposes bigint is all I will need for things like uniqueid's. I can write an overflow function at some point that will use vacated numbers. I do not think my app will ever have 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 of anything! :-) (What is that anyway, 18+ quintillion??)

Bob