m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Jan 15 09:13:47 CST 2012
This works for me:
set the textFont of btn 2 to "Lucida Grande,Unicode"
set the text of btn 2 to the unicodetext of fld 1 --replacetext(the unicodetext of fld 1,uniencode(cr),cr)
I'm not sure whether menus get confused if the line delimiter is actuall NULL & cr instead of just cr, but it doesn't seem to matter (much).
Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
Become our partner in sales http://qery.us/1bq Start selling Color Converter today. 20% commission!
On 15 jan 2012, at 15:58, Jonathan Scott wrote:
> I usual lurk here. I do have a question though. I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere. I'll appreciate whatever help I can get.
> I'm trying to make an option button that has Japanese characters in it. It will be a self-updating directory button for a stack where each option is a product in an inventory database. The person using it will be Japanese, so using Japanese is a necessity.
> So far, I've been able get it to work by putting the contents of one field that contains a product name after another field. Then when all of the product names are in it, I put the contents of that field into the option button. It works in that all of the names go in, but I haven't been able to find a carriage return character that I can insert between the product names that works. It will work in the field, but when I then put it into the option button a lot of strange characters show up between the product names rather than a carriage return.
> And yes, I know about setting the unicodetext of a field. I also know about setting useunicode to true and then trying to put it in with numtochar. So far, no luck.
> If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.
> Thank you.
More information about the use-livecode