Reliability of setProp/getProp

Michael Doub mike at doub.com
Sun Jan 15 09:01:58 EST 2012

I have a group "Pointer" that is made of 2 graphic objects.  Within the script of group "Pointer", I have:

setprop thecolor newcolor
getProp thecolor
setprop finger newloc

I am not using them to set any persistent state but to control the color and location of the object itself.

When this behaviour starts, I am not able to set a breakpoints,  but I can add put statements and that handlers are getting called, but NOT in the getProp/setProp handlers.   This app has been working for sometime now until I started making changes in totally unrelated areas of the code.   I have gone back to the original working version twice now, trying to carefully make changes and testing trying to isolate what introduces the problem.

I have also noticed that the debugger is off by several lines if you try single stepping.   Can stacks get corrupted?

-= Mike