Reading a standalone's info.plist file

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jan 14 20:41:50 EST 2012

Pete-

Saturday, January 14, 2012, 9:09:51 AM, you wrote:

> I guess I prefer to get it from the
> plist file because I know if I put it into a custom property, I will forget
> to do it at some point and then the version displayed in the Get Info
> window will be out of step with what's in my app's ABout dialog.

That's the sort of thing the RunRevInteroperability Project set up the
uRIP custom property array for. For my projects I store things in the
stack custom properties like

uRIP["version"]
uRIP["date"]
uRIP["author"]
uRIP["description"]

and then I have functions that retrieve those and populate my About
box with them.