Menu Builder

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jan 12 02:10:06 EST 2012

OK, now on to the next step.  Menus working fine, all scripted.

Now I want to add a menu item to the File menu in certain circumstances.  I
coded a mouseDown handler in the button named "File" in my menu group to do
this.  It gets the text of the menu, adds the text for the new menu item to
the end and puts it back into the menu's text property. New text never
appears.  Set a breakpoint at the start of the handler so I can check my
logic, even inserted a breakpoint command.  Never breaks.  The menuPick is
right there in the same script and it works fine so why doesn't mouseDown
get handled?

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 1/11/12 10:41 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>
>> Jacqi,
>>
>> Your explanation should appear on the "Menu Builder" Dialog from a
>> Help Button thereon. It would save a lot of newbies gobs of hair
>> follicles.
>>

> Thanks. I thought it was in the User Guide but I just looked and couldn't
> find much. Once you "get it", everything falls into place. But you're right
> there needs to be something more specific in the docs about the overall
> idea.
>
> There's a whole scripting conference stack just about menus too:
> <http://www.runrev.com/**developers/lessons-and-**
> tutorials/tutorials/online-**scripting-conferences/<http://www.runrev.com/developers/lessons-and-tutorials/tutorials/online-scripting-conferences/>
> >

> Jeanne DeVoto wrote it and she's an excellent documenter. I forgot to link
> to that in my other post.
>

> --

Pete