Menu Builder

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Jan 11 20:18:44 EST 2012

HI Mark,
I guess it's a case of "once bitten, twice shy".  As mentioned, I had weird
problems trying to use it last time around and now I can't get past the
first screen without a problem so I just don't trust it.

I didn't uncheck the box, it was already unchecked.  I also tried checking
it, which resulted in all my controls being moved down, which I don't want
either.

I'm building menus that will be displayed in the OS X menu bar, not within
my stacks, so there is no need to move controls anywhere.

If there's a way to create these menus manually by creating a group, I'm
more than happy to do that to avoid the bugginess.  IS ther a write up on
that anywhere?

Pete

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Why do you want a different way? The menu builder still is the easiest way
> to create a menu, even if it is unintuitive and buggy. Next time, just
> don't uncheck that checkbox :-)
>
> Surely, you can create a group, set the menubar of the stack to the name
> of that group and set the editmenus of your stack to true or false and
> adjust the locations of all other objects manually.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> Become our partner in sales http://qery.us/1bq Start selling Color
> Converter today. 20% commission!
>
> On 12 jan 2012, at 01:51, Pete wrote:
>
> > After a gap of many months since last using the Menu Builder, I'm back to
> > trying it again with not very auspicious results.
> >
> > In the first screen, I click the New button and on the next screen, give
> > the menu a name and leave the give the menubar a name and uncheck the box
> > "move objects down to accommodate menu bar"  (I want the menu to be in
> the
> > OS X menu bar).
> >
> > As soon as I click OK, all the controls on the open stack move up, some
> of
> > them to be underneath the window title bar.  Uhhh, I asked for them not
> > be moved down, not to be moved up!
> >
> > Last time I used the menu builder, I had major problems - every time I
> > opened the stack, it's height increased by the height of the menu -
> > incrementally.  Never did get to the bottom of that, ended up setting the
> > stack height by script to work around it.
> >
> > Is there another way to create OS X menu bar menus without using the menu
> > builder?
> >

> > --
> > Pete
> > Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>