SoCal LUG meeting: 2 February in Pasadena

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jan 9 11:42:37 EST 2012

My Father is the president of the Railroad Club on Oahu. They have a full size box car they restored and built an HO scale digital system inside of. Very cool. He has a friend on the north shore, a retired Doctor named Jim Blateau who has an N scale western themed system that takes up his bottom floor, work still going on (and will be going on for the rest of the millennia apparently). They send their engines off to Switzerland to a company that re-gears them to be more like scale. These things fairly crawl! They have 5 stations where people can stand and control the different sections to do full hands off programs, dropping off cars, picking up others etc. I have pictures and can post them somewhere if you like. The N scale railroad was actually featured (or will be featured) in a national railroad magazine.

Bob