Can't set Developer Root in LiveCode Prefs

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Jan 9 11:18:36 EST 2012

The mother ship fixed this for me - the simple root

/Developer

 is enough to tell LC what it needs to link with XCode etc for iOS development. I mention this just in case anyone else was confused. I am now stumbling over licenses, and the extent to which one needs them (from Apple). Looks like you don't need much until you get to test on a physical device, and I'm a long way from that.

Graham

I wrote:

[…]

> I  keep getting this error message from LC:
>
> "The chosen folder is not a valid iOS SDK for 5.0 and later. It must be one that ships with XCode 4.2 or later." My version of XCode is 4.2.1, BTW.
>
> I am not very clear what LC is looking for but I've tried choosing other parts of the structure with no result.
>
> So, something is missing or I'm doing something wrong. Since every member of this list who has worked on an IOS project must have passed this point, I feel an idiot.
[…]