OT: Starting IOS development, can't upgrade Xcode/IOS

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Jan 4 10:35:47 EST 2012

Try duplicating your Developer folder, rename the duplicate to something like Developer 4.1, delete the original Developer folder, and the try the App Store install of 4.3. At the end of that you can hopefully point LiveCode to the 4.1 folder for the older SDKs, and the new Developer folder for the 4.3 and 5.0 SDKs.

I think I've been told that the SDKs are backwards compatible. That is, you could throw out the old version and always build for 4.3 or 5.0, and the app should still work on devices running 4.0. But I haven't tested that.