Ways to get the IDs of two already scripted buttons?

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Wed Jan 4 08:17:56 EST 2012

Thanks to all of you for questions and suggestions.
Bob : unfortunately no, user shall not have to specify names of buttons
Craig: no, button scripts shall not have to be pre-modified, they are of several kinds, scripted by stack handlers
Mike: I have been experimenting a lot with your script, it works with unscripted buttons, but not with scripted buttons. Also demands button name to be specific. Placement in  card script awkward: a diary with new card every day.
Mark: suggestion of front-script goes far over my head. If it were something which could enable a lineconnect-handler to select two arbitrary (grouped) buttons and lineconnect them, avoiding activating their scripts it sounds interesting, but I guess such front-script should be both inserted and removed by the lineconnect handler.
But I am still wondering why getting two (grouped and scripted) button IDs through ALT-clicking shall be so complicated ???