PDFs Not Downloading Properly From FTP Server

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 2 17:42:34 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I use LiveCode to upload PDFs to a remote Mac using

	put url ("binfile:" & longFileName) into url ("ftp://" & aFTPAddress & newFileName)

but when I download those same PDFs by using

	put url ("ftp://" & aFTPAddress & newFileName) into url("file://" & aLocalAddress & newFileName)

it appears to be corrupted or at least there is a lot of gibberish.  What am I doing wrong?  Should the last url reference, that is, the location on the local machine, be binfile rather than file?

Regards,

Gregory