Setting the cursor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 2 16:26:40 EST 2012

On 1/2/12 2:37 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:
> Thanks Ken,
>
> I see that the dictionary warns against taking control of the mouse,
> The discussion concludes with this admonishment: "You must use this
> power only for good."
>
> I feel evil. I just wanted to simulate the clicking of a button in my
> "help" script.
>
> I will need to consult my spiritual advisor to see if this usage
> conforms with RR's ethical standards.

:) You can avoid all evil by:

   click at the loc of btn "whatever"

No cursor movement necessary. But even better, if you only need the
mouseup action (i.e., there is no need to simulate mousedown,
mousestilldown, etc.) then just:

  send "mouseup" to btn "whatever"

Either of these methods avoids the need to consult with outside parties. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com