Printing from iOS

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Jan 2 13:15:07 EST 2012

Yes, I have...  It's a little bit of a pain, but it's working quite well!  You have to use the "rrehardcopy" external.  It's provided in the "LiveCodeSDK-R10" package (http://www.runrev.com/developers/documentation/externals-sdk/).  Include it in your iOS standalone and it will popup the standard choose printer panel.

What you do is first print whatever you want the user to print to a pdf file.  Then call this:

on printIt tPDFFile,tPrintJob
  -- tPDFFile = the path to the pdf file
  -- specialFolderPath("Documents") & "/printTemp.pdf" for example

  --tPrintJob = the name of the print job as seen by the user

  if not rreHardcopyIsAvailable() then
    answer "Printing is not available at this time." titled "Whoops"
    exit to top
  end if
  rreHardcopyPrintPDF tPDFFile, tPrintJob
  if the result = "printing cancelled" then
    exit to top
  end if

end printIt

Hope that helps!