revBrowser Internet Explorer

DeeCee davidocoker at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 01:14:27 EST 2012

Maybe the other Chip (Chipp Walters) can answer this correctly since he did
the initial development work on the original revBrowser external, but
several of the browser controls that I've seen in use with other development
tools, require the presence of the ATL.dll to function. -and- there may be
different versions of the same file in use, depending on the tool.

For example, I'm running a Windows 7 box that has both 32 & 64 bit versions
of Windows Explorer 9, yet I have a total of (4) ATL.dll files present in
the system:

(1) ATL80.dll Version 8.0.50727.4053
(3) ATL71.dll Version 7.10.3077.0

What you *may* be seeing is the version of the library file (DLL) that is
used by the revBrowser control, rather than the main browser version that is
installed on the machine. Sorry, but I don't have any working code at the
moment to see what is being reported from the revBrowser.

HTH,
DeeCee