FYI: Mac trojan horse

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Feb 27 17:44:13 EST 2012

Hi,

Always when I read such articles, I can't help thinking that the antivirus software publishers have the most interest in the creation of such viruses. From the website: "You won’t be surprised to learn that Intego’s own VirusBarrier X6 software can detect Flashback if it’s installed, and even prevent it from installing in the first place." Doh. Also, this trojan only installs itself if... when... again if... and only if....

According to that website, this is how you can check for the trojan:

function virusCheck
     put "ls /Users/Shared/.*.so" into myShell
     return not (shell(myShell) contains "No such file or directory")
end virusCheck

The function returns true if the trojan is on your machine.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com