[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:53:56 EST 2012

It's interesting that you bring up the slaughterhouse analogy -- I've used
it on many occasions to make the opposite point: I know that cows are
butchered to make steaks. I've seen videos of it, in fact. I shouldn't have
to learn how to do it to order at McDonalds.

There's a world of difference between "Kids today" and "computer
programmer." Forcing the 99.9% of kids who *won't* become computer
programmers to use a command line because of the .1% who will is like
forcing every kid to butcher a hog before they are allowed to eat bacon.