Mac drop file on standalone, process, and quit

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Fri Feb 24 16:50:32 EST 2012

I'll have to say negative to both of your assertions.  There are a very broad number of applications that do not fit the model of the MAS and Apple knows this.  As long as there are software stores, integration consultants, and non-home user customers, there will always be a "normal" channel for software.  Also, you can add iCloud support to a non-MAS app.  The only true limit is that it's only supported on 10.7.2+.

Check the iCloud section at developer.apple.com

Tim