Why him does not use a natural language for programming?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Feb 24 11:30:45 EST 2012

Bob-

> I even put it before most variables because "into theFgColor" is
> more readable to me.

I was with you up to that point. I find that using the "the" prefix is
more error-prone that the shorthand form of "t" even though it's less
immediately recognizable as readable language. With your example there
probably wouldn't be a problem, but if you had said "theForeColor" you
would run the risk of slipping up and typing "the ForeColor" somewhere
in the script. There wouldn't be any compiler error, but your script
wouldn't do what you expect and you'd have a merry time figuring out
what was going on there.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net