[OT] LC's Fields of the Future

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Feb 24 10:42:48 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Ken Corey wrote:

> On 24/02/2012 14:36, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> With 5.5 it's now possible to make a decent word processor, and a few
>> hundred other things besides....
>>

> A word processor!?!?!
>
> Aren't we straying a little far from the right-tool-for-the-job territory
> here?
>
> -Ken

The right tool for the job is subjective.  I use LiveCode for everything I
build.  Perhaps replacing MS Word for everyone in the world be a bold
challenge, but many people would opt for simplicity.  An RTF based editor
is still a word processor, and would definitely meet all of my text
communications requirements.  P.S. I hate MS Word.  Feature overload.

~Roger