A simple question about LiveCode and iOS

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Feb 24 10:26:45 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> If the overall goal is to be able to use your own stack on your iPad,
> another option would be to remote control your computer screen. If you use
> either Desktop Connect, or Remotix, it's amazing how well you can operate
> any applications on your computer. Remotix is far better than Desktop
> Connect for local use, but Desktop Connect can control your computer from
> across the world.

Even remote access has its issues (mostly caused by Apple restrictions).
When I need to use a computer via remote, I still want that desktop
experience, with a real keyboard and mouse.  Bluetooth is great for this,
however Apple refused to allow a mouse to display an on-screen pointer
(Aaaarrg!).  It's not a technical impossibility, because a
jailbroken/rooted iPad CAN do it.  Sure, they want you to touch the screen
because that is their idea of perfection, but sometimes I just want to use
it old-school style.

~Roger