A simple question about LiveCode and iOS

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Fri Feb 24 07:06:24 EST 2012

If you want to use Livecode, no.

You may register as an Apple Developer for free, but that only allows
you to run code on the simulator.  If you want to put it on the iPad,
even if only yours, you must give Apple $100.

That said, if you're truly just writing scripts for yourself, you could
check out an app called "Codea", which lets you write programs in Lua,
and run them on your own device, and *only* your own device.  The
downside, of course, being that you're not supposed to be able to get
them off the device in any way.

Obviously, jail-breaking your iPad gives you more flexibility...but then
you're running a non-sanctioned version of the OS, which means you're
waiting on someone else to provide a (non-supported) updated version of
the software.

Gotta love Apple. (It says so in the T's & C's.)

-Ken