Why him does not use a natural language for programming?

Michael Chean mp.chean at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:13:02 EST 2012

His first argument re: ambiguity doesn't hold water for me.  Anyone who has
tried to decipher another
persons code can attest to how ambiguous programming languages can be.
The second argument though, due to my recent exposure to LiveCode, I find
true.  LiveCode is verbose.
As I've mentioned in another thread there should be a shorthand.  I
mentioned the use of 'with' to
avoid the repetition of the context of a loop.  There must be other places
where this might be applied, and perhaps
it's my inexperience talking that I'm not aware of them.  Further leaving
off words like 'the' in the script
cause the line to not compile, with a not very clear error.  This was a
real eye opener for me, and not a very pleasant one.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong here btw.

Mike