Why him does not use a natural language for programming?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 17:44:07 EST 2012

On 23 Feb 2012, at 22:01, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I find his arguments ludicrous. Let me see some examples of english like programming languages where a command could mean two different things without any arguments supplied. What a preposterous thing to say! I can only think he came right out of college into whatever teaching position he now holds. BTW this is the kind of "my way is better than your way" of thinking I alluded to in another post. For example, almost all the people I have ever talked to in the past who *hate* Apple computers (their words not mine) have never actually used one. This guy has obviously (as Al points out) never actually USED an english like development language.
>
> Bob

Being a bit harsh, aren't you, Bob? I don't think he was referring to "English-like" but rather "natural English". I don't think it's the same thing. Livecode can be described as "English-like", but probably not "natural English".  I could be wrong, in which case, as they say in these parts, send the apologies of me to the target.

end Dave