[ot] is it safe to upgrade to lion?

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Thu Feb 23 02:45:07 EST 2012

John,

The 'import snapShot' command works OK if I pass parameters such as 'import snapshot from rect 250,250,450,450', but not if I use it without parameters to allow the user to snap an area from screen using the crosshair cursor, so a button with…

on mouseUp
	import snapshot
end mouseUp

…will return a garbage image when clicked and an area chosen, it's the correct size, but just full of random pixels that don't even come close to representing the snapped area.

There was a long standing problem with 'import snapShot' on Mac and Windows (not sure about Linux), where it would often include some of the grey colour used to define the snap area, so hopefully this will push RR into fixing the issue.

I'm on a quad core Intel MacPro running Mac OS X 10.7.3 and LC 5.0.2 and this behaviour started as soon as I upgraded to Lion. It has also been confirmed as a bug by the engineers at RunRev.

Are you are passing parameters with your use of import snapShot?

Paul