Get number of occurrences of one string in another

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:52:07 EST 2012

Was a pretty snazzy solution. Only problem I can see is if you were
searching say for "pp" in a string that has "pppppp" (you get what I mean)
 If you want to match 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 4 and 5, 5 and 6 it won't
work but if you want to match and eliminate 1 2, 3 4 etc its dandyfine. So
it would depend on the desired result.