[ot] is it safe to upgrade to lion?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Feb 22 20:04:12 EST 2012

I am not aware that Apple locks their hardware so that you cannot run other systems. They do however go to great lengths to make sure their system cannot be installed on other hardware (which they are not entirely successful at btw).

I think the problem is that the Linux drivers have to work with what hardware you provide, and obviously in this case, they don't. Why would Apple lock a Macbook out of Linux and allow a Macbook Pro?? That sounds absurd to me.

Bob