Anomoly when storing empty values into SQLite integer fields

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 21 22:46:04 EST 2012

Peter Haworth-2 wrote

> The only way round this that I've found as in my earlier email is to not
> include the integer column in any INSERT or UPDATE statements if you want
> it to come back as empty instead of zero.

Which sort of works, until you consider the case of wanting to back out a
value (revert from some value to NULL). At present, I think I'll just stick
with using text fields, but we should definitely report this to RR. If the
user wants to put an undefined value into an integer field (because the
value is in fact UNDEFINED... that does happen in the real world) then the
user should be able to use empty or NULL to signal that (I have no
preference... to my failing eyesight they both look equally missing to me :)

-- Mark