Standalone blocked by "software restriction policy"

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 21 20:19:56 EST 2012

She needs to contact the IT department of her company and have it "unblocked". This is actually quite common in places where confidentiality is required. A rogue app can be installed by a user that compromises the security of the system. IT administrators will very often block unknown apps, or use software to do so. There is no way to get around this (or else the hackers would do it).

Bob