Omegabundle for LiveCode 2012 Released: Get the TopDeveloperAdd-ons for LiveCode

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Feb 21 13:55:57 EST 2012

> Also, it'd be *real* handy to know what platforms those items
> (or their
> outputs) run on.  Franklin is for Windows/Mac only, how about
> Valentina?
>   The ChartMaker would be useful on an iOS app I'm building,
> as would the TM Tools, if they work there.

For Valentina ADK+, you get Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.

Franklin 3D is a port of the Irrlicht engine
(http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/features/) to work with LiveCode, and at
the time it was ported over, the Linux implementation wasn't quite ripe. The
upside though is that you can use all of the Irrlicht compatible set up
tools available for scene creation (.irr scene files), and commands work
just like their C++ equivalents. The base examples from Irrlicht have been
ported over to LiveCode stacks.

Franklin/Irrlicht has some curious features, including accelerated 2D and
also a built in windowing system. The built in windowing doesn't really look
native but it can be useful if you are going for a full screen project.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software