How to use an array to solve the following...

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:09:04 EST 2012

On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:37 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> Anyone want to test the speed of finding data in a 1000000 line variable
> using char -1 of word -1 of item -1 of line -1?

Hi, Kay.  Sure.  How do I get the script?

I'd guess that almost all the time goes into the line -1, and within that line there are so few items and words and chars that the engine will eat them in an instant, at least relatively speaking.

Will your script compare what you suggested above to the speed just for line -1?

-- Dick