Using DropBox for Faster Mobile Development

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 20 12:10:37 EST 2012

It does not. I just tested this.

ON mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    put "This is a test" & cr into theText
    put "this is another test" after theText
    put line 1 of theText into theTestText
    breakpoint
    put line 2 of theText into theTestText
    breakpoint
END mouseUp

In each case, theTestText does not contain a carriage return. It IS a fact however, that if you filter the lines of something and there is only one line that matches the filter, the carriage return will be included! This has bitten me in the butt more than once, so I have gotten into the habit of getting line 1 of a filtered string for the whole line, and word 1 to -1 of item x of something because if it is the last item in a line and the line has a carriage return, it will be included in the item.

Bob