[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 10:24:38 EST 2012

I saw one version where they built a robot arm (using LEGO, I think)
to turn the pages.  The process had thereby been completely automated.

I also understand there is a Japanese company that does such scanning
(and reasonably priced).  Last time I looked, they had a backlog of
months.

I feel I am still caught in the past, as in so many ways I still
prefer physical books.  It's clear that my interest in books is
something of a notoriety in the neighbourhood, as I found out that
people used my house as a reference point ("turn left at the
library").  I was kind of embarrassed when I heard that.

Bernard