Recreating a binary stack from xml text

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Sat Feb 18 13:47:54 EST 2012

Hi Al,

as of LiveCode version 5 (maybe 4.6.4) this is possible (with the limitation of embedded audioClips and embedded videoClips, as I do not see a way to get the binary data from them). The engine was changed to allow the setting of IDs for any control for exactly that reason. Basically now it is sitting down and loop through a stack to extract all necesssary data and then write the reverse script. As long as you use the liveCode IDE the scriptlimits is not a problem either. The 10 lines limit only affects standalone applications. At the moment my time is too limited to implement this full blown, but I am glad to lend a hand if time permits. I want this too, so this might be interesting (unless there is a 3rd party solution already in the making and getting out of early alpha state soon, that I am not aware of).

All the best,

Malte