OS X Mountain Lion: the end of Carbon... ?

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Fri Feb 17 12:37:16 EST 2012

There are only a couple of specifically deprecated items and there are very specific replacements for them in the remaining Carbon APIs.  Carbon is still with us.

If you are a registered Apple developer, check out the discussion forums for specifics.

However, please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way - Cocoa "is" the right path, but we're not being hung out on a limb if we're still using Carbon.

Tim