[OT] OS X's Gatekeeper

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Fri Feb 17 12:20:16 EST 2012

On 17/02/2012 14:59, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Looks like Apple's message is clear: if you want to run Linux you'll
> need to buy your computer from System 76 or ZaReason.
>
> Thanks for the tip, Apple. ;)
>
> Looking at their site this morning it seems System 76 just refreshed
> their line...

Interesting.

I was thinking that pretty soon there'd be no reason to build your own
computer any more.

I wonder if the new operating systems can be installed on open machines,
or if they will be requiring locked bioses, etc in the future.

I guess I will still need to build my own PCs for a while.

-Ken