[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:41:07 EST 2012

On 02/14/2012 07:06 AM, Judy Perry wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Richmond wrote:
>
>> And how many people realise that Ada Lovelace was the Mother of them
>> all.
>
> And the daughter of Lord Byron...

Certainly no flies on you!

Far more important, to my mind, is the fact that kids nowadays keep
telling me they "know all
about computers". Then I turn on the computers in the school and they
ask me where Windows
Explorer is, and when I explain that these computers work with something
called Linux they say
"but everybody knows that computers cannot work without Windows".

I wonder how many operating systems there are, apart from Windows,
currently available to
run bog-basic PCs?