Spell check for text fields

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun Feb 12 17:58:41 EST 2012

Hi Scott,

Yes, I agree, stuff like that is probably a nightmare to maintain.  I'm not
saying that RunRev should implement native spell checking where available,
just that it would be a nice native feature for some apps and that there's
a history of them implementing stuff that isn't cross platform in spite of
the maintenance headaches.

The sheet style of stacks is another example.  They don't exist on anything
except Macs.  It's even weirder with that example because they display them
as modal stacks on non-Mac platforms, and they ain't modal on Macs so if
you plan on making a cross platform application, gotta be real careful
about that!

Anyway, it's great that you jumped in to fill the gap and provide spell
checking for those who need it so thanks for that.

Pete

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Scott McDonald <
runrevplanet at smpcs.server101.com> wrote:

> >For example, LC supports access to the Windows registry and there is
> >no such thing on OS X or Linux so calls to the LC functions for it return
> >"not supported".
>
> Just my opinion, but exceptions and special cases in a cross-platform tool
> are not to be encouraged as they have the potential to become a support and
> maintenance problem.
>
> -----
> --
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com
> --

Pete