Spell check for text fields

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun Feb 12 13:20:14 EST 2012

Well, I have to agree that nobody has unlimited funds and time.

However, cross platform adherance is somewhat selective on Runrev's part.
 For example, LC supports access to the Windows registry and there is no
such thing on OS X or Linux so calls to the LC functions for it return "not
supported".

I see no reason why a similar implementation for spell checking wouldn't
work, other than the time and funds issue of course.
Pete

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Scott McDonald <
runrevplanet at smpcs.server101.com> wrote:

> >sad that sometimes, when cross-platform equals lowest common denominator,
> it
> often
> >precludes the more fancy OS-specific niceties.
>
> So true, but it is difficult to see any other way, unless you have
> unlimited
> funds and time to then emulate every feature on every platform.
>
> -----
> --
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com
> --

Pete