Colors/Borders

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 11 23:19:05 EST 2012

On 2/11/12 2:15 PM, Pete wrote:
> I have a group that has all the default properties set except I switched on
> showBorder with a borderwidth of 2.  All looks as expected with a light
> gray background and a visible border.  Now I set the background in the
> Colors and Patterns tab of the inspector to a specific color and turned the
> opaque property on.  The color changes as expected but the border
> disappears.  I tried setting the color of the border but no difference.
>   How do I get my border back?

The default setting is to use 3D, where the borders are determined by
the topcolor and bottomcolor (labelled in the inspector as inset and
outset bevels.) The regular bordercolor is only used if the 3D setting
is turned off. So to get what you want, fiddle with the two bevels.

> On the same card I have a rectangle whose background I wanted to be the
> same color as the group.  I changed the Fill color of the rectangle to the
> same setting as the group, but the color is a slightly different shade than
> the group's background.

I've never seen that happen when the RGB values are the same. Maybe one
object has a slight transparency set?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com