Using DropBox for Faster Mobile Development

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 11 23:06:28 EST 2012

On 2/11/12 9:56 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/12 7:32 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>>
>>   After uploading the simple standalone *one time* to my mobile device, I
>>> launch the simple standalone, press the button, and my dev stack appears
>>> on
>>> my device within a couple of seconds.
>>>

>> That is damned clever. There wouldn't be a startup message, but that's
>> about it I think.
>
> How does this approach differ from your AirLaunch product, (which btw, I've
> asked my manager to purchase)?  This sounds more like Stack Runner.

You don't need to build an .ipa and do an install every time you make a
change and want to test the stack. You only need to create an executable
for the launcher, which you only build once. From then on you just "go"
to your test stack as a document.

You'd need AirLaunch (cough) when you're building the one-time launcher
and/or when you're ready to build and test the final app. But for
minute-to-minute testing you just keep reopening the stack from the
Dropbox folder. It's sort of like "revert" on mobile. It would work on
Android too.

Your manager sounds like an intelligent person. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com