Still no Unicode in LC 5

Slava Paperno slava at lexiconbridge.com
Fri Feb 10 23:07:07 EST 2012

Hello, Curt,

Last summer I tinked with LiveCode 4 and wrote a version of my Rusian Dictionary Tree in it, but programming it was a  pain because of limited support for Unicode, and I ran into some situations where it seemed hopeless. As you know, Unicode support had been promised, but now LC 5 is out, and it's not there. So I am looking for a platform again. Are you still using Objective C or have you switched to something else? Have you tried something else?

I don't want to limit my work to one platform, but I would settle for a system that supports only desktops for now.

Slava

Sent from my mobile, excuse typos and brevity