iphoneCurrentHeading() gotcha

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Feb 10 22:42:01 EST 2012

After doing alot of nmea stuff for marine navagation it sounds like you are
getting the heading from the gps not the fluxgate compass. The gps heading
is only calculated when the receiver is moving. The compass outputs headings
continually, at least on marine gear.

Ralph DiMola
MIS Director
Evergreen Information Services