moving and scaling an image

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 11:02:58 EST 2012

Thanks to all the help with this.

I ended up with a script that created sequential moves, with an image scale in between each.  I am amazed at how smooth it is.  This is the 'pull towards' script:

on embiggen
   put item 2 of the loc of grc "near" into tend
   put item 2 of the loc of me into tbeginning
   repeat with j=  tbeginning to tend step 100
      get item 1 of the loc of me & "," & j
      move me to it in 2 ticks
      set the width of me to the width of me *1.05
      set the height of me to the width of me *1.05
   end repeat
   move me to item 1  of the loc of me & "," & tend
end embiggen

The move after the repeat loop corrects the location overshoot because of the change in graphic size.  I had to chuckle, because this kludge actually looks like a nice little 'bounce' a la iOS.

Ha!

Thanks again,

David Glasgow