iRev database access security question

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 07:18:42 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

If I have an iRev page that is going to access a database, I have to use a
database query that includes the user name and password. Is it safe to put
that information directly into the iRev page? That seems risky to me.

If I put the information into another page and I use a script to pull in
the information, wouldn't a hacker be able to look at the script, learn the
location of the other page, and then directly access that page?

I realize that the scripts on an iRev page do not show up when you view the
source of the page through a browser. Does this mean that the script
information on an iRev page is genuinely secure?

I appologize if these are ignorant questions.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

--
Do all things with love