How alive is LiveCode?

Michael Chean mp.chean at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 00:26:57 EST 2012

I want to write  databased applications to take care of some of the
pain-points at my current employment.   And if this works
out I'd like to extend it to the full application - which is your normal
professional billing program.
I'm using VFP right now and would have no reluctance to continue using it
if it were still in development.  For ad-hoc reporting
and querying it's the best.  VFP covers all of the bases including report
writing, a built in db, SQL support (sort of)
and I can see that with LiveCode I'm going to have to add external tools to
fill in the gaps. Thanks for the responses.

Mike