regex help please

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Feb 9 16:25:07 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> Am 09.02.2012 um 22:05 schrieb Andre Garzia:
>
> > Klaus,
> >
> > Since you have control, then instead of RegEx, you can go like
> >
> > <mynode>
> > nodecontent
> > </mynode>
> >
> > All in different lines, then, you can just use lineOffset to find the
> start
> > node and the end node and copy or replace the data between those lines.
> > It is easier than RegEx.
>
> well, that's what I want to find out by myself, but can't without the
> appropriate reg ex ;-)

Klaus,

If you create the XML like I placed above you can replace content with
something like:

command replaceXMLNodeContent pNode, @pXML, pNewContent
  put "<" & pNode & ">" into tStartNode
  put "</" & pNode & ">" into tEndNode
  put lineOffset(tStartNode, pXML) into tStartLine
  put lineOffset(tEndNode, pXML, tStartLine) into tEndLine
  put line tStartLine to tEndLine of pXML into tNodeContent
  replace (tStartNode & cr & tNodeContent & cr & tEndNode) with (tStartNode
& cr & pNewContent & cr & tEndNode) in pXML
end replaceXMLNodeContent

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.