moving and scaling an image

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:16:31 EST 2012

On 02/09/2012 10:40 AM, David Glasgow wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am trying to get an image to slide from the middle of the screen either to the top or the bottom.  However, the screen has a perspective, as if you were looking down a bowling alley, with a vanishing point somewhere above the screen.
>
> To maintain the sense of depth, images 'pushed away' should shrink into the distance, and ones 'pulled' closer should embiggen.  Any suggestions how this could best be achieved?
>
> The eventual destination of this may well be iPad, so any special considerations there would be welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David Glasgow
Here's the clunky version:

I made a stack 1024x768 pixels and popped an image right in the middle
of it, and
put this in the script of the image:

on mouseDown
    grab me
end mouseDown

on mouseStillDown
    set the idleRate to 1
    put the item 2 of the loc of me into LOK
    if LOK > 0 then
    set the width of me to LOK
    set the height of me to LOK
    end if
    set the loc of me to 512, LOK
end mouseStillDown

on mouseUp
    set the idleRate to 1
    put the item 2 of the loc of me into LOK
    if LOK > 0 then
    set the width of me to LOK
    set the height of me to LOK
    end if
    set the loc of me to 512, LOK
end mouseUp

certainly is achingly clunky on my P4, 3 GHz, 2 GB RAM running kinkified
Ubuntu.

AND, while I'm here, an opportunity for a faintly bi*chy note:

tried to upload the stack to RevOnline with no success

Richmond Mathewson.